Founded in 2017 by Josh Goot and Christine Centenera, WARDROBE.NYC is the world’s leading luxury essentials concept. Born as a radical new alternative to the fashion system, WARDROBE.NYC aims to address the relentless design, production, and consumption cycle endemic to the industry.
Designed in NYC and made in Europe, WARDROBE.NYC represents practical urban minimalism — crafted with the finest materials and the best manufacturing practices. “Our experience in the industry has led us to think about a better and more egalitarian way to practice the elements of design and communication that we love, and at the same time, improve the business model so that it’s more efficient and less wasteful.”
The Production Director Responsible for the planning and production of WARDROBE.NYC Releases, Permanent Collection, and Core ensuring timely deliveries to the company’s Direct & Wholesale channels, whilst maintaining margin requirements, and luxury garment standards.
- To define planning assumptions for the Company Calendar.
- To build and manage the critical path for the production of Releases, Permanent Collection & Core across Direct & Wholesale channels.
- Improve planning and communication with factories to reserve capacity, and meet ex-factory dates.
- Ensure that information provided to factories is organized, timely and complete – including PO’s, BOMS, consumption reports, and ship dates for all raw materials & trims.
- Coordinate with Design & Development team for hand-over of BOMS to ensure accurate fabric and trim purchasing and delivery.
- Work closely with Design & Development on hand-over requirements to Production, especially final patterns and BOMS
- Lead a weekly production meeting with a considered agenda.
- Ensure that Production trackers are updated and shared with partners.
- Participate in weekly meeting with Design & Development to align on priorities and timelines.
- Schedule regular meetings with key suppliers to review planning and secure outcomes.
Ex. Factory Dates
- To communicate ex. Factory dates within the business via a weekly report.
- To update the team on confirmed ex. Factory dates for both Production & TOPS on a weekly basis.
- To be proficient in the use of RLM to generate all relevant production reports, shared documents, and PO’s.
- To oversee the entry of raw materials receivers in the ERP.
- To update the raw materials inventory in RLM at the conclusion of each cycle.
- To place and follows all Permanent Collection PO’s for fabric and trims.
- To achieve efficiency, premium quality standards, target margins, and timely deliveries in production.
- To ensure efficient manufacturing through management of raw materials, and clear communication with partners.
- To maintain strong & trusted relationships with partners.
Costing & Margin
- To check costings for accurate yields, trims and CMT prior to market.
- To review and finalize pricing with the CEO and Wholesale Director prior to market.
- To create final costings and margin reports in RLM and report to Finance Director + CEO.
- To negotiate pricing when required to achieve target margins.
- Forecast greige fabric requirements pre-market, and place orders with key partners.
- Allocate production and reserve capacity with factories in order to meet the company’s delivery schedule.
- Work across Wholesale & Direct to finalize Production PO’s – split by warehouse – and place with partners.
- Oversee that fabric yields, and trim consumptions are accurate in ERP to enable effective tracking of raw materials.
- Request consumption reports from factories pre & post production.
- Oversee that packing lists are sent to factories, and received into the ERP.
- Close PO’s in RLM at the completion of production to maintain an accurate inventory position.
COGS & Cashflow
- To work closely with the Finance Director to forecast COGS and cashflow requirements for production.
- To work closely with the Finance Director to maintain systems for invoice approval, coding, filing and payment priority.
- To work together with the Finance Director & Logistics Manager to control the company’s VAT position.
- To comply across EU shipments, ensuring that export documentation is provided by our partners, and that VAT is not applied to exported goods.
- Work with Design to communicate packaging instructions for all styles.
- Implement standards across all labelling – woven, size & care, swing-tags & barcodes.
- Ensure TOPs for all production styles are sent to the Studio with final packaging prior to production shipping.
- Oversee the QC of these styles, and provide feedback to the factories & Design team.
- Oversee the filing of all final production specifications.
Shipping & Receiving
- Check packing lists, by warehouse, and hand-over to Logistics.
- Check invoices against packing lists and hand-over to Finance.
- Check receivers provided by Logistics / 3PL and close the PO’s in the ERP. Report ant discrepancies to manufacturer.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess strong leadership and communication skills.
- Be highly organized, and able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Be able to problem solve, and manage a team.
- Understand luxury garment standards, and Wholesale / E-Commerce business.
- Be ready to make an outsized impact in a young and growing company.
- Bachelor degree in Production Management or related field.
- 5+ years experience in Production Management.
- Advanced knowledge of RLM / ERP software.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Available to work in person 3-5 days a week
- Experience with European supply chains, EU & US 3PLs, Wholesale & E-Commerce channels.
- Generous Paid Company Holiday & Time Off plans
- Health Insurance (Medical, Vision, and Dental)
- Employee Clothing Allowance
- Salary ranges from $150k/yr — $175k/yr
- Bonus structure